cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karveajit
Level 3

How to access the functions written in custom bean?

Hello,

I'm working with InstallShield MultiPlatform Version 5.03 B362. I have written a function in a .java file which checks in registry whether MATLAB application is installed or not.If the entry is found, it returns the installed directory. I have registered this class with custom bean gallery.

Now, I have a copy file bean which will copy few files to the location returned by the JAVA function. I need to set the 'Installed location' property with the path returned by the function. How to do that?

Please let me know if i'm not clear.

Thanks,
Ajit
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You might try saving the return value as a bean property (say, matlabLocation), and then in the other bean use the expression $P(beanID.matlabLocation) [for a product action] or $W(beanID.matlabLocation) [for a wizard bean].
0 Kudos
karveajit
Level 3

Hello,

I will try that way. But, before that, I'm facing a problem.
I have written a class which has been extended from WizardAction. When I go to Custom bean Gallery and in register class, put the name of the class, it gives me message that "give a valid class name". What I need to do for this?
Do I need to explicitely compile this class using javac command?

Thanks,
Ajit
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Yes, custom beans must be compiled with javac before they can be registered in the Add-in Manager.

For the general idea, perhaps see the sample chapter from the MultiPlatform 11.5 training manual here: http://www.macrovision.com/services/education/publications/index.shtml.
0 Kudos
karveajit
Level 3

Hello,

I have compiled the class. I can see .class file. But, still when I put the name of the class , it says "give a valid class name". I tried putting only classname, classname.class, classname.java but no success! 😞

Can anyone tell me what's wronge?

Thanks,
Ajit
0 Kudos
mplanchart
Level 5

Hi,

I usually add it like this:

com.installshield.extras.wizard.myclassname.class

and of course it should be compiled and placed in the directory:

ISMP11.5_HOME\classes\com\installshield\extras\wizard\myclassname.class
0 Kudos