cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heko_76
Level 4

How to access element of a dialog in installscript

Hi all,

I am using Installshield professional 2008 on on windows XP service pack2. I have a query.

I have a installscript project and i have default dialogs of installshield i need to know how to get values of elements in the dialog.

I have a standard setup type dialog which has radio buttons like complete radio button and custom radio button.

How do i access these elements and ascertain its values.
Pls help as it is urgent............
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Vijay_K
Level 4

Hi,
the way i did it, was to assign unique value identifiers to each of the buttons.
When a button is pressed, a function uses a case statement to determine which button was pressed.
So this was you can determine which button was pressed and proceed with the function as you want to.
0 Kudos
MarkEarle
Level 6

heko,

Vijay_K's answer is for custom dialogs. Are you using custom dialogs or standard SD dialogs? From your post it looks like you are using standard dialogs and if that is the case you can get the answer when the dialog returns. The standard code looks like;

Dlg_SetupType2:
nSetupType = CUSTOM;
szMsg = "";
szTitle = "";
//{{IS_SCRIPT_TAG(Dlg_SetupType2)
nResult = SetupType2( szTitle, szMsg, "", nSetupType, 0 );
//}}IS_SCRIPT_TAG(Dlg_SetupType2)
if( nResult = BACK ) then
goto Dlg_SdRegisterUser;
else
nSetupType = nResult;
if( nSetupType != CUSTOM ) then
nSize = 0;
szTargetPath = TARGETDIR;
FeatureCompareSizeRequired( MEDIA, szTargetPath, nSize );
if( nSize != 0 ) then
MessageBox( szSdStr_NotEnoughSpace, WARNING );
goto Dlg_SetupType2;
endif;
endif;
endif;

You can set the default value of the radio buttons by setting nSetupType to either CUSTOM or COMPLETE. When the dialog returns it will have set nResult to what the user chose and you can evaluate it then.

Cheers,

ME
0 Kudos