cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
norsie
Level 4

How to Idendify target username and organization on customer information window?

Hello install shield community.

I am new to this software and I noticed when I run my installation build, it does not display any username or organization on Customer Information window.

how can the Installation identify the target username and organization and display it as default on Customer Information window window?

I am using 2018 version.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Windows Installer has the [LogonUser] property which you can use to return the value of the user performing the installation. 

With regards to the organization - you would need to determine where this information is stored on a machine. If it was stored in a registry you could use the System Search functionality to store this value in a property name of your choice and then use that as needed in your installer.

0 Kudos

ok, where can i find on the software this logon property?

thank you.

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

The LogonUser Property is not part of Installshield - it is a Windows Installer Property that you can use in your installshield propject. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/logonuser

For example, as a test - if you add [LogonUser] as a text value to the InstallWelcome dialog box in your installer,  at install time it will show the users name that is performing the install.

0 Kudos

@shunt 

it works. but i recieved the value "user" instead the name of the user of my computer - in this case its my name.

0 Kudos

update: the tag "[%USERDOMAIN]" solved my problem,  now - how can i put this value at the customer information => user inbox window as a default?

0 Kudos

installshield.png

0 Kudos

update: i figured it out thank you!!!

0 Kudos