cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sjoshi
Level 2

How to Download the Component (.dll, anyfiles) from Internet (where I have hosted my Files) in Merge-Module

Jump to solution

Hi, I need to install the required files/component in my merge-module through the internet, since right now we provide the file path from your local source folder, but instead I want to be path where I hosted my all files.

And this merge-module I have attached in my Basic MSI Project.

I have attached the ss for more reference.

I am using the Trial version of InstallShield Professional Edition 2023 R2

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Within your project, take a look at the following setting here:

MEDIA > Releases > Select your release > Internet tab > Web Type

Select "Web type" = Downloader , and then enter the URL where you will store the files.

After you build, Installshield will create a setup.exe and your .msi package. The .msi package can be stored at the URL provided.

Only the setup.exe is provided to the user, which when run will download and run the .msi from the URL

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator

Within your project, take a look at the following setting here:

MEDIA > Releases > Select your release > Internet tab > Web Type

Select "Web type" = Downloader , and then enter the URL where you will store the files.

After you build, Installshield will create a setup.exe and your .msi package. The .msi package can be stored at the URL provided.

Only the setup.exe is provided to the user, which when run will download and run the .msi from the URL

Now I have one requirement such that, I have multiple merge module and I need to add those Merge module in my main project which are selected by user, how can i perform such things.
0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator

@Sjoshi We can't add conditions to Merge Modules as during build time their contents are "merged" into the installer and added to randomly named components automatically by Installshield.
You could however add each Merge Module into its own separate Feature and then add conditions onto the features.

For example, create a custom dialog with a Radio Button Group giving the user a choice of which features (Merge Modules) to install. Each radio button can be set to create a Property if selected, and that property can be used as the condition on the feature.

0 Kudos