cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dramis
Level 3

How does one activate an already registered IS2009 Premier edition ?

IS2009 Premier is already installed and IsCmdBld.exe builds my projects successfully. isDev.exe crashes upon invocation. Maybe because the PC is behind a firewall and cannot go outbound to the internet. Not sure, but , I did get a good setup.exe built. However, upon launch of my product setup.exe, I get a pop-up msg:

"This Setup was created with an EVALUATION VERSION of InstallShield".

Now I guess I need to activate this already registered IS2009 version ?

How? ... and is the isDev.exe crash going to kill the activation process ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

You only need to register once, but you need to activate every time you install/reinstall. I believe it's in the Help About you'll see a button for "buy it now" or similar.

It'll start up a wizard that if it can't connect to the activation servers will generate an xml message to email to acresso. When you get the response you enter it and your activated.

Also since your running Premiere, you shouldn't be building with IS. You should just be using the Stand Alone Build. The SAB inputs the key during the install but otherwise doesn't require activation. You can download the SAB by doing a "Check for product updates" in the IS IDE.
0 Kudos
dramis
Level 3

thanks for the tips. I had the build admin try SAB initially and gave up to go to the full install, IS, since SAB was getting MergeModule errors (product is pulling in VC90 runtime merge module object support within its setup.exe).

Could at this point (since IS is building fine and incorporating MergeModule support) I have the build admin simply copy all files from IS to SAB from subdirectories like Modules, ObjectGallery, Objects, ObjectsPro, Redist ??
(can you tell I'm getting desperate ?)
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Yes, if you pull some dependency into your development environment, it also has to exist in the build environment.

What I typically do is wire the dependency into the project using a Path Variable that makes it relative to the IS Project Location and then check the dependency into source control. This way when I pull the source tree down and find it, it should all work without having to us a `prime the pump` pattern on the build box.
0 Kudos
dramis
Level 3

ThX again for the tip.. I've done source area dependency technique (pointing to source build tree) for other installers/situations... it is the way to go, when you can. Ah, just checking out "-o "... I'll have to play with this using SAB. Maybe the solution is within reach now (getting past the SAB MergeModule error which made me seek IS solution). I appreciate the explanation and extra insight as well.
0 Kudos