cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mashkov_dmitry
Level 4

How can I disable COM extraction completely?

I am trying to add a large number of exe/dll files (specifically, SQL Server bits) into the setup project. InstallShield initiates its "artificial intelligence" and attempts to scan everything and fails:
Error 2 -6017: The build was unable to extract COM information; make sure that you are running as Administrator. ISEXP : error : -6017: The build was unable to extract COM information; make sure that you are running as Administrator.

I don't need this at all, can I disable this functionality?
0 Kudos
(21) Replies
RebeccaB
Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran

Hi Mashkov

I took a look at the build log. It stated it was going to perform scanning on 60 files. I noticed you have more than 60 files in your project, so I do not think the Tools->Options setting is being ignored. The files being scanned were probably added before making the Global setting change to not perform COM Extract at Build.

I downloaded your latest scan2.isl project file, and noticed 60 files had COM Extract at Build set to Yes. This matched what the build log showed. I took the liberty of modifying your scan2.isl project file to turn off COM Extract at Build on these 60 files.

I have attached the modified project file to this post.

If you download and build this modified project file, does that resolve the build problem?
0 Kudos