Can You show me a simple tutorial ?
P.S. Sorry sorry sorry of my bad English
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pradana
Level 6

I want to know this as well...

What I did before is just backup the JPEG files inside one of the theme folders in C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Support\Themes and replace them using the same name, and use that theme.

But obviously this is a hack. Is there any 'normal' way to create skins?
0 Kudos
Klask_
Level 3

Thanks but how to me they should be used? After all in the program "User Interface/Skins /" At me is only Skins from "D:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Skins" O_O that I need to make. That what you have specified worked also?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

There's a Skin Customization Kit that you can download from Tools > Check for Updates. I think there's an example there you can build on.

(I don't think there's a tool for creating custom themes for Basic MSI projects, though I seem to remember thread in these forums giving the general idea.)
0 Kudos
Klask_
Level 3

Skin Customization Kit dont work ((
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

In what way does it not work? The kit should have an example, and searching the Knowledge Base and these forums should turn up more information.
0 Kudos
TheTraveler
Level 8

Yes, there is a couple of examples. But using the kit is clumsy and hard to use. The kit is also not very intuitive either. I would prefer a GUI interface that would allow me to drag/drop pictures, drop down boxes to change the properties of the components on the skin. As far as I know, this interface doesn't exist.
0 Kudos