cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amarjeet
Level 7

High Resolution icons for Setup.exe, Data1.cab and Product.msi

Hi

Current icons for above files are of low resolution and don't look great on modern monitors.

Does installshield supply High Resolution icons for above ?

If yes where I can find them and set them ( I know about setup.exe but no idea about .msi and .cab)

Thanks in advance.

Amarjeet
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
chad_petersen
Level 9

Are you talking about the icons you would see in Windows Explorer? The icons for .CAB and .MSI come from Windows itself. I am not aware of any high-resolution icons that InstallShield would supply to replace the built-in Windows icons.

Chad
0 Kudos
Amarjeet
Level 7

Hi Chad,

I am talking about icon used for building setup.exe, msi and cab files. If you try to zoom them in windows explorer they look very tiny on modern displays.

Does installshield supply high resolution icons for these files ?

Amarjeet
0 Kudos
chad_petersen
Level 9

The icons for those come from the Windows file associations themselves.

MSI = MSIEXEC.EXE in your C:\Windows\System32 folder - look at it's icon and you will see the same small icon

CAB = CABVIEW.DLL in your C:\Windows\System32 folder - The icon it shares is internal to it

InstallShield - to the very best of my knowledge - does not provide any replacement icons for these built-in Microsoft icons.

Chad
0 Kudos
Amarjeet
Level 7

Hi Chad,

Thanks for reply. I am happy with your answer. I am going to replace icon for Setup.exe over which i have got control.

Regards,

Amarjeet
0 Kudos