cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yann_bertaud
Level 4

Hiding change remove button in add remove programs for restricted user

Hello

we want to prevent the user from trying to change/remove our program when the user is a restricted/non admin user. We would basically like to hide the "change/remove" button for our product in add/remove programs when user is restricted user. I know it can be done, the msft vc redistributable does this.

Anyone know how this can be done?

thanks

yann
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What type of project? If Basic MSI, could you for example conditionally set the value of ARPNOMODIFY?
0 Kudos
ThePerfectWave
Level 5

I have the same question.

I set
disable repaier = yes
disable change = yes

Now just a small dialgo appears ( do you realy want to remove the application ), when I press the change/remove button in the add/remove software dialog.
So far its ok. The behaviour when pressing the button is now ok.
But the caption of the button still is the old one, that's not ok, and should be also changed.

This button change/remove should now be called remove and not change/remove.

Other software, which only can be removed from the add/remove panel, do have a button just called remove and not change/remove.

What do I have to do, to change that caption of this button from change/remove to remove?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What type of project? For InstallScript, the ADDREMOVE_COMBINEDBUTTON variable might be an option, but I don't remember when that was introduced (your version's documentation will specify).
0 Kudos