cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray_Portrait
Level 6

Hide LaunchProgram

I have set the File to execute on the SetupCompleteSuccess Dialog to launch a file that resides in an optional feature. How do I hide the launch text and tick box from the user when this file's component hasn't been deployed to the user's system?

I am using InstallShield 2009 Basic MSI, and the file is a key file of the component.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Please see the MSI help topic "Conditional Statement Syntax", which describes conditions that tell you if a feature or component has been installed, removed, and so on.
0 Kudos
Ray_Portrait
Level 6

I thought that the Launch app would automatically hide itself if the key file that it is meant to run isn't installed onto the user's machine.

Anyways, I have done the following:
    set the SHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM property = 0 (-1 apparently shows the launch program stuff)

Set Property CA: SHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM = -1, Exec Seq, condition: &Feature=3, After CostFinalize

The CA works, but the Launch program stuff is still hidden. I have also done the inverse of this as well but came to the same sort of result.

One thing extra that I may need to do is set another property called LAUNCHPROGRAM (1=launch, 0=Dont launch)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated 🙂

here's a snippet from the install log:
Action ended 10:07:41: CostFinalize. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (34:90) [10:07:41:649]: Doing action: SwitchOnSHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM
Action 10:07:41: SwitchOnSHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM.
Action start 10:07:41: SwitchOnSHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM.
MSI (s) (34:90) [10:07:41:649]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying SHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM property. Its current value is '0'. Its new value: '-1'.
Action ended 10:07:41: SwitchOnSHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM. Return value 1.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It's a little unclear to me whether you are describing a custom action which you can't condition just right, or the dialog controls (text, button, etc.) don't hide/show when you want. If the latter, please look into the ControlCondition table (available in the IDE as the Conditions tab in the lower right of the dialog's behavior node).

If the former, my only comment is that one often uses defined/undefined instead of 1 and 0 for condition properties. When using the former, both 1 and 0 are evaluated as defined, which is generally considered to be true.
0 Kudos
Ray_Portrait
Level 6

The CA run the way that it should but the dialog ignored the change in the SHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM property.

I shall just completely change the condition for the label and check box to be feature related
0 Kudos