cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Dority
Level 6

Hide Install Type -- Always do Complete

I've tried hiding the dialog in the Setup.Rul but for some reason the dialog shows up anyways.

Anways, I want the installation to always do complete. I set the nSetupType = COMPLETE; at the top, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, how do I disable the back button on the install dialog (The last screen)? I edited the dialog and set the backbutton as disabled but it is still functional when I go to the screen so something may be set in the background to override it.

I am using InstallScript MSI Project for all this.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
esiemiat
Level 9

If you are not using the setup type dialog you need to call FeatureSetupTypeSet passing it nSetupType in order to specify which setup type to run.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

You need to edit the code in OnFirstUIBefore to prevent the call to SetupType2 from occuring. Note that as mentioned above you will need to call FeatureSetupTypeSet if you disable this dialog to get the setup type set correctly.

The SdFinish and related dialogs should automatically disable the back button so you should not need to do this manually (if you did you would call Disable(BACKBUTTON) before calling SdFinish etc. Are you showing some other dialog?

Also, please note if you want to edit dialog source you need to copy the dialog source into your script, if you edit the files contained in Script\ISRT\Include directly this won't have any effect.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
Daniel_Dority
Level 6

thanks I shall try it.
0 Kudos