cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronanorm
Level 3

Help Please - Maintenance Mode

Using IS 2009, how do I disable the maintenance mode Repair and Modify Features when teh same MSI is started again. I set both setting in the "Add or Remove progtams" setting under Genreal Info.. But it still does it when I re-runt he msi.. I need to force unistall and not allow fix or modify.

Thanks,

Ron
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

I believe that setting the properties ARPNOMODIFY and ARPNOREPAIR might do this but I don't know if re-running the MSI directly will bypass the registry settings these establish.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Right, those properties control only the buttons in Add or Remove Programs. To change the options when re-running the MSI database, you'll probably want to modify the MaintenanceType dialog box in the Dialog Editor.

(Why the angry face?)
0 Kudos
ronanorm
Level 3

So I found the MaintenanceType Diaglog... Can I just remove those options by editing the windows and thats it? Or will that break something else?

Thanks for teh fast response and help,

Ron
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

It would be nice if they could have just giving us the option of disabling an option that we do not, therefore leaving it on the dialog box. Because with us we have our installs in 34 languages and if you remove any of the options then the text in the title section "Modify, repair, or remove the program." will not make any sense if you remove any of the entries. We would then have to have the text updated and re-translated.

We try to avoid having to change any of the default strings because again we would have to have them translated and also if we go to a newer version we would have to re-translate again if they changed something.

So a disable other would be a nice to have in this case....
0 Kudos