cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanivna
Level 4

Help Please (IsCmdBld.exe) I getting crazy Please HELP

:mad: Hi all :confused: :confused:
i run this line in bat file and i try to override a path variable that has been specified in the Path Variables view but this is NOT work i don't understand why the line is build some exe file and work with the old path

this is the line:
IsCmdBld.exe -l MsiPath="C:\Views\Beta41_Vista32\test.msi" -p "C:\InstallShield 2008 Projects\OuterMsiXP32\OuterMsiXP32.ism" -r "OuterMsi_XP32" -c UNCOMP -b "c:\Test\XP32"

Comment
some one know how i build it in one exe file only ? which argument i need to pass in the IsCmdBld.exe command line ?

Thanks Yaniv
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Is this path variable used by a file that is statically linked into the project, or is it used by a dynamic file link? If the path variable is used by a dynamic link, there is an issue with the command line/standalone build that will cause the path variable to use its default value. This issue was submitted under work order IOC-000065332 which has been resolved in InstallShield 2009.

You may try using a registry or environment path variable instead to work around this issue.
0 Kudos
yanivna
Level 4

Ok but if i work with static link this need to work ? i use in installshield 2008 Premier
so waht i need to do if i need to write .bat file that chenge the path file for 4 OS(XP,VISTA,32,64) all build use in different file
and i need do 4 new setup.exe in one click.

you have any idea ??

Thanks Yaniv
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

My two cents ( 100% personal preference 😞

I always use my build automation to bring all of my dependencies into view by getting/copying them into a subfolder of ISProjectDir and make everything relative that way. I also follow the pattern that AdminStudio does where I have root subfolders with names like:

WindowsSystem32Folder
WindowsFolder
CommonFilesFolder
ProgramFilesFolder

I also end up having folders like:

Support Files
Script Files
MergeModules

I just find it easier to integrate and manage if I set things up this way. This way it's easier to do build/source archival, file referencing, ectera.
0 Kudos
Negar_mak
Level 2

Hello

I know this post is for many years ago but I have a same problem with Installshield 2012 spring.
I have several path variables which I need to override them when I am runnign ISCmdBld.exe. These path variables are used by a dynamic file link.

I tried ISCmdBld.exe -p blabla.ism -l PATH_TO_SOURCE_FILE="new path" but it doesn't work.
Do you have any idea what can be a problem, or how can I solve it? In general is it possible to override path variable that used by dynamic file link in IS 2012 spring or not?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
0 Kudos
shokkas
Level 3

Negar mak wrote:
Hello

I know this post is for many years ago but I have a same problem with Installshield 2012 spring.
I have several path variables which I need to override them when I am runnign ISCmdBld.exe. These path variables are used by a dynamic file link.

I tried ISCmdBld.exe -p blabla.ism -l PATH_TO_SOURCE_FILE="new path" but it doesn't work.
Do you have any idea what can be a problem, or how can I solve it? In general is it possible to override path variable that used by dynamic file link in IS 2012 spring or not?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

I'm now running into this as well. Thought I have 2014, for a specific project still need to use 2012 and adding automation to it.
The -l doesn't work in 2012, but does for 2014.

Is there any solution except running the 2014 and have it upgrade the ISM every nightly just for build?

Thanks.
0 Kudos