cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvravikumar
Level 2

Having problem with update

HI,
I am working on Instalshield for the first time and didn't have much idea about it.
We recently coverted the instalshield 12 ism(basic install scripts projects) files to 2009, compilation and build goes with out any issues.
While installing the software iam getting message, that the version is already installed, actully the version on the tool is the old version .

please check the attachment for the actual message ...

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
ravi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
thepeter
Level 7

Look up in your help file "Specifying the Product Version".

In the Version setting, enter the complete version number for this product. The version number must contain only numbers, and it must be in the format aaa.bbb.ccccc, where aaa represents the major version number, bbb represents the minor version number, and ccccc represents the build number. The maximum value for the aaa and bbb portions is 255. The maximum value for ccccc is 65,535. You can include a fourth field, making the product version format aaa.bbb.ccccc.dddd, but Windows Installer does not use it.
0 Kudos
tvravikumar
Level 2

HI,
Thanks for the suggestion, actually i debuged and figured the issue, We use perl scripts to build and prepare installation, so the version number will we read for setup.ini file dynamically before installing the s/W, that part is hadled in OnBegin event, i think in older versions of install shield checks the versions after onBegin, where as 2009 its checking after OnSetUpdateMode() event, just moved the code to OnSetUpdateMode() its working fine.

Thanks
ravi
0 Kudos