cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glen_T
Level 5

Hard-wired source file paths

How do I change hard-wired source files paths in an ISX project from one source drive to another, or make them path relative (remove the drive letter)?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

InstallShield Express does not have the Direct Editor view. So you need to open your .ise file in Orca and go to the Files table to make necessary changes.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Glen_T
Level 5

Unbelievable. You cannot move the source files for an ISX project from a local drive to a network drive without recreating it from scratch? Really??

ORCA does not have a search and replace function. Are you telling me that I'd have to edit some 3000 file references in 16 installer projects one-at-a-time??
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The Convert Source Paths Wizard that lets you convert existing hard-coded paths to path variables is available for the InstallShield Premier and Professional editions. Unfortunately, it is not available for the Express edition. Note that ORCA does have a search and replace function. Press the Ctrl+Shift+F key or select the Edit | Replace menu item.
0 Kudos
Glen_T
Level 5

What version of Orca are you running? Neither of my versions (3.1.4) and Super Orca (11.0.0) don't have a Replace function.

On several occasions I've had to use Orca to repair ISX files. I think that's ridiculous.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I am using version 5.0.7069.0
0 Kudos
Glen_T
Level 5

We have decided to go with another product. We've been using ISX since v2.x, but we are hitting too many roadblocks and inconveniences to continue. With Flexera pumping out two new versions a year, you would think that some of these things would get fixed.

It's time for a fresh start. In the words of Douglas Adams, "So long, and thanks for all the fish."
0 Kudos