cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaserVision
Level 4

Guess what: "Error 1158:"

Hi folks,

here is something I would like to share: We have a customer who was running our setup on different PCs. Unfortunately it refused to install on some of them showing the error message "1158:" without any explanation. I searched the forum and found some entries having the same problem but nothing gave us a hint to what the problem was. Then our customer found out what he had done on his machines which seems to be cause of the problem - at least for him: He changed the settings for accessing files which you find in the Explorer menu under "Extras->Options"(?) - sorry, I don't know how the dialog and the option is called in the english OS but I guess if you see the picture you can figure it out. If the user has the marked option selected he was getting into trouble.

Question still is: Is there an option in IS to avoid this problem? As far as the other reports suggest it could be related to the fact that the setup.exe tries to extract the included ini files to the users temp directory.

Hope this helps
Toni
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

So did you get the 1158 issue resolved?

We are currently getting the 1158, but we get a message box with it that is in the language that we are trying to add to the install.

We added support for a few languages and Spanish (Mexican) is the one that is causing this 1158 issue for us, if the install is ran on a Spanish (Mexican) OS.

We had also support this same language in IS 2008 and it seemed to work, but not in IS 2009. So either we have a corrupt .ini file or something else is not set correctly or is wrong for it not to work in IS2009.

Anyways if you did get it working then can you tell me what you did?

Thanks,
0 Kudos