cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ma121_a
Level 3

Got a problem when uninstall my application in vista and windows 7

Hi All,
I got a problem when uninstall my application in vista and windows 7, whereas in windows xp does not happen.The warning that appears is 'The Following error occurred on the file "C:\\Windows\System32\MFC40.dll" Access is denied'. I uninstall my application from Add and Remove Programs. My installer project type is installscript project using InstallShield 2010.
Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
is it because of the security or the other things in vista and windows 7? what should i do?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
KrisVanherck
Level 6

Are you installing that file there yourself or using the microsoft merge modules ?
Also the it may be still in use by an application
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This file is likely protected by Windows File Protection since it is a part of the operating system (as has been since Windows XP I believe). Therefore, the file should not be installed with any installation package as it can only be updated by supported mechanisms in the operating system.

It would be recommended to only install this file if it is not already present in the System32 folder.
0 Kudos
ma121_a
Level 3

Thank you for your reply.

KrisVanherck : I installed the file there by myself

Joshstechnij: if like that, so how if I want to overwrite files with the latest?
There are no problems when installing my application (in XP, Windows 7, and Vista), so why do I need to separate installation file with my installation package?
The problem occurs only when I uninstall my application.
Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
ma121_a
Level 3

Is there any uninstall script using installshield 2010 that can bypass the error message. so the error message does not appear when uninstall?
If there's an error message about that, then the system will automatically ignore those error

I've attached the screen shot of the error message (only occurs in win7 and vista,but NOT in XP)

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos