cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RainyS
Level 3

Getting warning 1910 on running exe on Windows 7

I created a setup.exe from Installshield 2008. This exe is running fine on Windows Vista and Windows 2008 server. But on Windows 7, When I try to uninstall program using this exe, I get warning 1910 continuously. this says: Could not remove shortcut lmn.lnk. Verify that the shortcut file exists and that you can access it. This is windows installer error. How to get rid of this error. However program uninstalls successfully. Only shortcut in start menu still visible. I have to delete it manually. Please help.

I think this warning is available beginning with Windows Installer 5.0 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Do I need to upgrade to Installshield 2010 to avoid this warning? Any help appreciable.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RainyS
Level 3

Hi,

On Windows 7 and windows 2008 server, I am getting warning during uninstalling my setup.exe made from Installshield 2008. Its a MSI type project. The uninstallation process almost completes and then I get a message saying this:
"Warning 1910. Could not remove shortcut [program]. Verify that the shortcut file exists and that you can access it."

This message is returned as a warning, and the uninstallation continues and completes, I get finish dialog. I found that Shortcut still remains in startmenu. I need to delete it manually. Please help how to fix it. I tried to unregister and reregister windows installer from run by following

commands:

ClickStart, click Run, typeMSIEXEC /UNREGISTER

ClickStart, click Run, typeMSIEXEC /REGSERVER,

Still I faced same warning. After few hours, again I checked uninstallation on same server and did not get that warning again. But I guess this is not permanent fix. What else do I need to do to fix this problem so that it never come again on any 2008 server or Windows 7. ??

My installer is created from Installshield 2008.

further details:

After enabling validation from Tools option in Installshield, If I make build, then I can see ICE43 error and ICE57 error. I think after resolving both these errors, above issue can be resolved. Any suggestions? Please share.

Thanks and Regards,
Renu
0 Kudos