Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girishkatti123
Level 7

Getting the Product Name

Hi All,
I need to display the product name on Custome Dialog. I have tried using
IFX_SETUP_TITLE = IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_NAME. But the product name does not get displayed using this command on only Custome Dialog and all other dialog are reflected with the prodyct name.
Is any way we could pass this variable instead of manually editing under Direct Editor\Dialog\ProductName.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks & Regards
Girish Katti
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
girishkatti123
Level 7

In my project the product name changes frequently. I cannot hardcode the name. I want to use it as a variable i.e. IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_NAME

Using this the product name does appear on Custome Dialog and mentioned earlier.

I hope to get some answer from InstallShield people

Thanks & Regards
Girish Katti
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Changing IFX_SETUP_TITLE should change the dialog titles of all InstallScript dialogs displayed after the change is made.

What project type are you working with?
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Copy the following code in your OnBegin function of the script. It will display the product name in all dialogs which is defined here,

IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_NAME = "";
Sprintf( IFX_SETUP_TITLE, SdLoadString( IDS_IFX_FORMAT_SETUP_TITLE ), IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_NAME );
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

I am using InstallScript MSI project type.

I added this code in OnBegin Event.Still the product name does not appear on the Title bar.
IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_NAME = "Name";
Sprintf( IFX_SETUP_TITLE, SdLoadString( IDS_IFX_FORMAT_SETUP_TITLE ), IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_NAME );
I still cant understanf what might be the problem. The title appears for Non Custom Dialog, but for Custom Dialog it just does not appear.
Why this different behavior between Normal Dialog and Custom Dialog?
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

What are the parameters you are passing with EzDefineDialog function.
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

I am using this parameter for all the custome Dialog

EzDefineDialog (szDialogName, ISUSER, szDialogName,0);
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

The above works for me. How ever you can search the IS help topic with the following keyword for more help.

IFX_SETUP_TITLE

This will definitely help you.
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

But I my case it's not working.
Have you done any thing different from your end.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Do these custom dialogs contain a control with control ID 50 (this control is present on any standard dialog and on any custom dialog created with the "NewScriptBasedDialog" template in the Dialog Wizard)? If not, the script engine will not set the dialog's title. This control contains the text typically passed in the szTitle parameter to standard dialogs.
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

Hi ,
Thanks for the information. It working now.
In some of my custom dialog ControlID_50 was not present. I changed some test to ControlID_50 and so see the ProductName on the Titel Bar.

I really appreciate your efforts in resolving my problem.
Thanks again.

Thanks & Regards
Girish Katti
0 Kudos