cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelJHayes
Level 3

Getting IISRT: -1204

Try to finish up an install script that I haven't touched in about 3 weeks. Install was working last time I tried but now getting error. It seems to have something to do with ISIISCosting but Google has been no help.

MSI (s) (D0:54) [11:09:53:273]: Doing action: ISIISCosting
Action start 11:09:53: ISIISCosting.
MSI (s) (D0:F8) [11:09:53:341]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer \MSI30AF.tmp, Entrypoint: ISIISCosting
MSI (s) (D0!14) [11:09:53:403]: Note: 1: 2711 2:
InstallShield 11:09:53: Error with IISRT: -1204
CustomAction ISIISCosting returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 11:09:53: ISIISCosting. Return value 3.
Action ended 11:09:53: INSTALL. Return value 3.

I restarted the IIS server and I know it is working as prior to this error we query the IIS server for a list of Web Sites and display them in a panel.

Found out that -1204 = ERROR_IISRT_INVALID_VROOTCOMPNAME

IIS issue or InstallShield issue?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelJHayes
Level 3

So there were several web applications defined for this install. I had removed the components associated with one of them and they were temporary and I was going to configure the new ones. When I deleted them the entry in the Internet Information Services / Web Sites component field for that web app was also deleted. It appears that the ISIISCosting action runs for all web apps even if their "Feature" is not selected for install. By setting the "Component" value I am able to run successfully again.
0 Kudos