cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveo
Level 3

Full-Installation Upgrade Project

I am about at the end of my wits trying to create a single, full-installation that also allows me to upgrade! I'm looking for some advice please....

I have a project that successfully builds an installer. I've also created an entry in the Upgrade Paths view. This entry contains the Upgrade GUID utilized by this project.

Here is what is happening:

1. Assign a Product Version value of 9.00.0001
2. Build the installer
3. Run the installer on my system
4. Update the Product Version value to 9.00.0002
5. Build the installer
6. Run the new installer on my system and Windows complains, telling me I have to remove the old version first.

As I indicated earlier, I have created an entry in the Upgrade Paths view containing:

1. Upgrade GUID for this installer
2. Min Version = 9.00.0000
3. Include Min Version = Yes
4. Max Version 9.99.9999
5. Include Max Version = Yes
6. Language Identifiers = blank
7. Language Search Criteria = Exclude
8. Ignore Remove Failure = No
9. Migrate Feature States = No

What am I missing here? Why does Windows complain and not let the installation move forward?

Thanks in advance!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jlynch11
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

To create a full Installation upgrade in InstallShield Express, you must also change the Product code. You can change this value in the general information section of Express.

See The helpnet article Creating Full-Installation Upgrades for more on how create upgrades in Express.

I hope this helps!

Jim
0 Kudos
steveo
Level 3

jlynch11 wrote:
To create a full Installation upgrade in InstallShield Express, you must also change the Product code. You can change this value in the general information section of Express.

Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

I believe I have finally determined a way to make this happen, using a Major Upgrade. In deed, as you pointed out, I have to update the Product Code, but at this point don't know that this is a major issue.

Best,

Steve
0 Kudos