cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Kosenko
Level 7

Flexera web site will not validate InstallShield 2008 license

I have had to reinstall InstallShield 2008 (Macrovision) on a new computer. It has a license (fully paid up), and the Flexera web site acknowledges that the license exists when it tries to validate.

However, the installation keeps showing a "21 day limited trial license" dialog.

This is NOT a "trial." We have have paid for and activated the product and I have been using it for a number of years. I just needed a new computer and had to trash the old copy and reinstall a new instance.

Is Flexera no longer honoring previous paid versions of InstallShield software?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

Hi Peter,

Please send an email with your serial number at activationteam@flexerasoftware.com. They should be able to help you.

Thanks,
Alpesh
0 Kudos
Peter_Kosenko
Level 7

Thanks.

Yes, I think I finally figured it out from the behavior of the software. Verification wouldn't work. Etcetera.

If you are unfortunately to loose a hard drive and can't uninstall your existing copy (a nasty virus got through AVG and attacked drivers and untimately rendered the drive unbootable -- even our sysadmin didn't want to deal with it!), the InstallShield/Flexera server still thinks that you have a copy of the software active because you haven't been able to uninstall it before trying to reinstall on a fresh drive.

So . . . I guess in such a case, you need to call tech support and have them reset the switch for you. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that yourself through the Flexera web site.
0 Kudos