cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OneDayBehind
Pilgrim

Flexera Software Certificate Expired

I've suddenly been unable to create any MSIs on our build server via InstallShield Spring 2012 SAB. In viewing the log files, this error is reported:

ISDEV : fatal error -7210: Failed to verify digital signature of C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012Spring SAB\System\ISWIBuild.dll

Upon examining the ISWIBuild.dll file, it appears that the certificate the assembly was signed with has expired as of September of 2014:

So now I'm stuck. Can the Flexera certificate be updated? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to certificates. I tried reinstalling InstallShield to no avail. The server that InstallShield is running on is a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 server and has no Internet access.

Following the 3rd solution in the following blog post did not help resolve the problem :( :

http://blog.didierstevens.com/2010/10/31/quickpost-adding-certificates-to-the-certificate-store/
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
OneDayBehind
Pilgrim

Re: Flexera Software Certificate Expired

I allowed our build server Internet access by setting-up a our company proxy in Internet Explorer. This seems to have allowed the server to update the VeriSign certificate revocation list (CRL) and now the build issue has gone away.
0 Kudos