cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annette1163
Level 2

Files won't overwrite

I have an installshield project that is set to overwrite 15 files in a folder tree. 3 files in the upper folder install correctly. A second level folder where 7 files are installed installs correctly. The last 4 files will not overwrite. These files are four files which exist in a larger second level folder. If I overwrite all files in the folder they will overwrite. If I select just these four files to overwrite, they will not. Any idea why??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
dpothugunta5208
Level 3

Go to Application Data -> Files and Folders

And on the 'Destination compute's files' middle pane, right click on the specific file and choose properties. you will get an option 'Always Overwrite'.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

annette1163 wrote:
I have an installshield project that is set to overwrite 15 files in a folder tree. 3 files in the upper folder install correctly. A second level folder where 7 files are installed installs correctly. The last 4 files will not overwrite. These files are four files which exist in a larger second level folder. If I overwrite all files in the folder they will overwrite. If I select just these four files to overwrite, they will not. Any idea why??

Hi

If i understand correctly,setting overwrite property to complete folder works,But specific to four files/second level folder is it not working?It will be better if you give us more context(If possible with snaps)

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos