cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regexmaster
Level 5

Files Orphaned after our product is Uninstalled - Can't make sense of the Log

Hi, All - Our MSI is orphaning two dll's and an exe file after the product gets uninstalled. I looked at the log file, and found these 4 files that certainly seem relevant to my problem, but I don't know what "blocked by the 1 mask argument" means, or why it's a problem. I tried searching the internets and the IS Community, but didn't find clarity.

I will try adding entries to the RemoveFile table for the orphaned files, which I suspect will remove the orphaned files, but I would like to understand why I'm getting these log entries, and if there's a better way to make sure the files are removed on uninstall.

Many thanks,
dave

• MSI (s) (8C:58) [23:50:21:081]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VantagePoint\Macros\Resource\comchartdir.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).
  • MSI (s) (8C:58) [23:50:21:081]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VantagePoint\Macros\Resource\aspapi.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).
  • MSI (s) (8C:58) [23:50:21:082]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VantagePoint\' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).
  • MSI (s) (8C:58) [23:50:21:082]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VantagePoint\VP.exe' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
CHANDINATHREDDY
Level 7

hi this may help you http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/d2de16f8-2705-42e5-a37e-404997d26600/interesting-win64dualfolders-issue
and one more thing are you placing these files or any redisrabutable if it is redistrabutable verify the path of installation of the redistrabutable.
0 Kudos