cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_McCrea
Level 4

Feature Transfer Error in Korean

The IS feature transfer error message in Korean is truncated. Can this be fixed?

See attachment.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm having trouble finding this string; is it one we provide? Or is it possible it's related to the Unicode updates for IS2011—have you checked all function prototypes for proper use of STRING and WSTRING?
0 Kudos
Steve_McCrea
Level 4

I think it is an InstallShield error message. I attached the english version of the same message.
0 Kudos
Steve_McCrea
Level 4

I don't know anything about Unicode updates for IS 2011.
I don't know which function prototypes you are referring to. I don't use any custom InstallShield script.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This issue will occur with any Asian language or any languages not using the standard ASCII character subset. The cause of this behavior is related to how the feature transfer error object is built for InstallScript MSI projects. In this case, it is actually just a structure defined in internal script code that contains error information (as opposed to pure InstallScript projects which use a normal COM interface). The string members of these structures are still declared as ANSI strings. As a result, storing any non-standard ASCII based characters in these string members will either result in the strings becoming corrupted or possibly truncated (due to incorrect size calculations).

I've submitted work order IOA-000069733 to address this issue in a future release. As a workaround, you can override the OnComponentError function in your script to display alternate error strings instead of ones obtained from the ErrorInfo object/structure (see OnComponentError for how errors are normally displayed).
0 Kudos