cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sabeesh
Level 3

Feature Reinstall.

Hello,
I have an installscript MSI project which will install many features based on the features selected by the user on the feature selection tree.At the first installation i mark some features as to not install and in in the maintenance mode i want install the features previously not installed. I used the following code to reinstall the feature

case MODIFY:
FeatureReinstall();
FeatureTransferData(MEDIA);

But it is not copying any files or folder under install directory. I am totaly strucked with this project. I am very new to installshield project. Could any one please help me on this how to reinstall the feature based on the user selection.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

FeatureReinstall is used to reinstall any features that are already installed. It cannot be used to change which features are installed.

If one of the feature tree dialogs is not being used during maintenance/modify to change feature states, they will need to be changed programmatically through the FeatureSelectItem function.

Note that if you are just trying to change the features that are installed in maintenance mode, the default code in the OnMaintUIBefore event will already provide this functionality by displaying the SdFeatureTree dialogs if a user selects the 'modify' option on the SdWelcomeMaint dialog.
0 Kudos