cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yesso79
Level 3

Feature Prerequisite dont work with feature condition ?!

Hello,

i have a Basic MSI which support two languages (english and german). In the installer are two components (one for german and one for english resouces). And i have two feature based prerequisites (one for german and one for english). And every feature have condition, it checks the ProductLanguage. The setup.exe starts with language dialog selector...

Now, if the ProductLanguage is 1033 it should install the prerequsite for Englisch and if it is 1031 the prerequisite for German.

But this dont work, why ? The installer installs both prerequisite! How can i solve that ?

thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Are you certain that both features are not getting installed? In particular, what does a verbose MSI log indicate? Feature prerequisites just check which features are going to be installed, and install the associated prerequisites.
0 Kudos
yesso79
Level 3

hi, have resolved the problem about release flags. i have tagged the feature prerequisites with release flags and create two build, one for german and one for english and after build the setup includes both prerequisites but the msi inside the setup.exe have only one feature in the feature table.
0 Kudos