Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kotiomkin
Level 5

Very simple... (but don't for me)

Dear friends
this is a simple question for you..

I use IS 2008 and I want to add files and folder into my project setup.
I want to do a clean project, so I want to create some Components with its right name (for example, create a component named DLLS and put all *.dll files into it, create BITMAP component and associate all bitmap files of my project to this component, and so on...).

The problem is that I was unable to do it because if I drag and drop the files, IS automatically create the components but in its own mode...
And I can't cut files from one component and paste it in an other one!

How can I do it?

Thank a lot...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
markgreen
Level 3

Installshield places files in separate components so that each file is specified as a key file. (You can only have one key file per component.) This is generally considered best practice is most situations.

If however you do want to stucture the components in your own way, you need to go to setup design, right click on your feature, and select "new component". Expand your new component, click "files", then right click in the white area on the right hand side of the screen and click "add". This allows you to specify as many files as you like in a component. Rememeber to set a keyfile (right click on file, set key file) as this is used for repairs amongst other things.
0 Kudos
Kotiomkin
Level 5

Really thank you!
😄
0 Kudos