cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
napalmer
Level 4

Feature Explorer Error?

Whenever I try to open up my features in the Explorer this error shows up...

Cannot display view because the following error occurred:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.installshield.product.actions.ExecAction at com.installshield.isje.product.FilterProductBeanTreeModel.(Unknown Source) at
com.installshield.isje.product.views.FeatureView.activated(Unknown Source) at com.installshield.isje.project.ProjectView.setCurrentView(Unknown Source) at
com.installshield.isje.project.ProjectView.viewChanged(Unknown Source) at com.installshield.isje.project.ViewListView.valueChanged(Unknown Source) at
javax.swing.JTree.fireValueChanged(JTree.java:2399) at javax.swing.JTree$TreeSelectionRedirector.valueChanged(JTree.java:2770) at
javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultTreeSelectionModel.java:629) at
javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.notifyPathChange(DefaultTreeSelectionModel.java:1078) at
javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.setSelectionPaths(DefaultTreeSelectionModel.java:287) at
javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.setSelectionPath(DefaultTreeSelectionModel.java:170) at javax.swing.JTree.setSelectionPath(JTree.java:1174) at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.selectPathForEvent(BasicTreeUI.java:2246) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.handleSelection(BasicTreeUI.java:3432) at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.mousePressed(BasicTreeUI.java:3393) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:222) at
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:221) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5485) at
javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3093) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5253) at
java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955) at
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803) at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3889) at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010) at
java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1766) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463) at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:234) at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157) at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

And I can't change my installation architecture with the assistant either. any ideas what happened or how to fix it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
napalmer
Level 4

It also seems to be disabling my ability to customize my Installation Types. The top portion of the Properties in Installation Types (the area where you can select the components to associate with that installer type) doesn't show up. I loaded up a different project and there was no problem, so I must have done something in this project version.... anyone have this happen before?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I haven't seen that specifically. The stack trace points to an Execute Process action; as a test, could you remove that from a copy of your project and try to open this copy?
0 Kudos
napalmer
Level 4

I found the execute process that was causing problems and deleted it (thank you for the information). Just to test it though, I remade that same execute process and it still works fine which seems kind of odd, but thanks again for the help.
0 Kudos