cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khuntley
Level 5

False Error Messages Between Suite Installations

My suite installation is working, but for some reason it is giving me messages that read "The installation of [PROGRAM SETUP] appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the installation?" Despite the fact that the installation DID NOT fail, and that it installed perfectly. Is there a way for me to remove these error messages to make the installation process go faster?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Thank you for your reply.

I believe those that type of error is usually caused by not having a valid detection condition(s) configured. Do you have a valid detection condition configured for the affected package?

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

0 Kudos

I believe so. Attached is my detection condition settings. Do I need to add anything else?

0 Kudos

At least offhand, that looks correct as long as the ColdFormedSteel package is indeed an MSI package. Please refresh my memory: Have you confirmed that that is the case?

Could you please try specifying the following parameter for the package's GUI and silent command line, see attached screenshot?

/clone_wait

Then rebuild your suite project and retest the issue. Does the issue still occur?

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

0 Kudos

The packages are '.exe's. I followed what you did and the issue still persists.

0 Kudos

Could you please open a new support ticket (case) to track this issue? This will allow us to best track this issue so that we can best assist you.

0 Kudos