cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kapsid
Level 2

Facing problem during major upgrade

Hi All,

This is kapil and i m new to installshield.I m facing problem in upgrading(major upgrade) second time.First time i am able to upgrade (major upgrade) successfully.Second time when i upgrade i get the following error:

"A network error occurred in while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MyProductname.msi"

Also if i try to install upgraded installer for the first time ,it is installed successfully but when i go to Add/Remove programs to uninstall it i get the same error.

Since upgradation involves uninstallation and then istallation so i think above error is coming during uninstallation and hence upgradation fails.

How can i remove this error during uninstallation so that upgradation is successful.

Please help.I will be grateful to you all.

regards
Kapil
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
kapsid
Level 2

All,

Please help me in this..i m stuck at this and its very urgent.

regards
kapil
0 Kudos
burked2
Level 2

If you turn on verbose logging (/L*v) you should be able to get an idea of where the problems are.
0 Kudos
deecole
Level 4

The symptoms make me think that you may have the ResolveSource action without the Not Installed condition. See if this is the case. That is, make sure that wherever the ResolveSource action appears (i.e., Install UI sequence and Install execute sequence), it has the condition Not Installed .

Regards,

David
0 Kudos