cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmykav
Level 4

FLEXnet InstallShield Activation Service Evaluation

Where can I find purchase/pricing information on this service?

I am considering creating a Try & Buy vesrion of our software. I have read the documentaion that comes with ISE 2008 and understand the process, but how much will it cost?.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

At this time no new activation accounts are being sold for Try and Buy functionality. Support is included in InstallShield for customers who have existing activation accounts.

You might want to check the Macrovision Web site for information on FLEXnet Publisher and see if that would meet your requirements:
http://www.macrovision.com/products/licensing/flexnet_publisher.htm

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
jimmykav
Level 4

Hi Debbie,

I specifically purchased ISE 2008 with a view to using Try & Buy in the future. Since I have not yet used this feature does that mean I cannot take advantage of it? Also, I still need a "rough" idea of what this is going to cost?...
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

No, you will not be able to use the Try and Buy functionality. Try and Buy functionality required not just InstallShield, but it also required users to set up an InstallShield Activation Service account and purchase activations. No new accounts are being set up at this time.

For cost information on FLEXnet Publisher offerings, you would need to contact Macrovision Sales.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos