cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nstohlma
Level 3

/Extract_All does not function with MSI pacakges

I am trying to make use of the /extract_all parameter and having trouble with errors when I attempt to do so with packages produced from Basic MSI projects. The documentation does not seem to indicate that the parameter should not work with that project type but while the command works fine with an InstallScript project it produces the following errors when used with any 2009 Basic MSI project:

"1152: Error extracting 'xtract_all:'\Setup.INI' to the temporary location [OK]"

"Error reading setup initialization file. [OK]"

"1155: [OK]"

The setup package otherwise functions normally.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

That is correct and intended. The closest equivalent to /extract_all for MSI packages is an administrative install, run instead with /a.
0 Kudos
nstohlma
Level 3

That method does not appear to extract any pre-requisites that might also be included in the setup.exe. In this case I was hoping to be able to provide a useful way for a customer to be able to extract the various MSI packages from the setup.exe without having to go muck around in the temp directories.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Have you tried passing a path attached to the /a parameter -- something like setup.exe /a"C:\Temp" ?
0 Kudos
nstohlma
Level 3

Ah! That takes care of it. Thanks!
0 Kudos