Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbepari79
Level 2

Executing custom action after chained MSI

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

I want to execute 1 custom action once my chained MSI execution is done.

Can you please help me with the Chained MSI action name so that I put my custom action after that.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Chained MSI's are run at the very end of the installation - you'll see in the execute sequence an action called "ISChainPackageCommit". This action prepares the chained MSI to run via a custom action - but it is not actually launched until after "InstallFinalize".

You can see this behavior if you create an MSI install log and you can see when the chained MSI is actually started.

The one last place you could place your custom action could be on the "Finish" button of the "SetupCompleteSuccess" dialog. Care must be taken that access to whatever data the custom action requires is available at such a late stage in the installation.

hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Chained MSI's are run at the very end of the installation - you'll see in the execute sequence an action called "ISChainPackageCommit". This action prepares the chained MSI to run via a custom action - but it is not actually launched until after "InstallFinalize".

You can see this behavior if you create an MSI install log and you can see when the chained MSI is actually started.

The one last place you could place your custom action could be on the "Finish" button of the "SetupCompleteSuccess" dialog. Care must be taken that access to whatever data the custom action requires is available at such a late stage in the installation.

hope this helps.

0 Kudos