cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garyhalb
Level 4

Evaluation Problems or By Design?

Hi,

I'm busy trying out the Installshield 2010 Express Evaluation version. I've put together a basic installation, but am having problems testing it out.

When I run it I get the standard 'Evaluation' message popup which I can dimiss and continue with the installation. However when the installer gets to the point of installing that same message pops up and the following then occurs:

If I dismiss it quickly the installer appears to jump to the end of the installation, but nothing has occurred. If I leave the evaluation message open for a while and then click OK the installation generally hangs and no progress occurs.

Am I meant to be able to properly utilise an installation package created with the trial version?

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 32bit.

Kind regards,
Gary
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(23) Replies
garyhalb
Level 4

If I were to purchase today would it be reasonable to assume that I would be eligible for a free upgrade when this enhancement is released?

I know I can't expect an accurate estimate, but do you think something like this will take many months to get into a build?
0 Kudos
chirags
Level 3

Hi Gary,

An active maintenance contract entitles you to new product versions as they are released. We typically address enhancements in major releases of our product and typically we have one major release every year.

We evaluate every enhancement submitted by our customers to understand their requirements and the business value it can provide to our customers. However, due to the high volume of enhancements we receive we can not guarantee of when an enhancement will be incorporated.

Hope this will help you better understand our enhancement process.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
garyhalb
Level 4

Thanks for the info.

As a developer I understand you cannot give me an accurate date for this. I'm very surprised that an issue like this has not attracted more attention, because unfortunately it makes your installation package pretty much unusable in low bandwidth countries.

Anyway, thanks for the all the info.
0 Kudos