cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blindberg74
Level 2

Error with IISRT: -2147024891

When I try to install a new website using InstallShield 2010 on IIS7 I get the following error.

InstallShield 13:23:30: CommitChanges for path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/MyNewWebsite' and physical path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyNewWebsite\'.
InstallShield 13:23:30: CommitChanges failed with the following HRESULT: '-2147024891'.
InstallShield 13:23:30: Error with IISRT: -2147024891

Somebody please help!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This error indicates "access is denied." Does this error occur if you test installing a website with a sample project (not installing any files to the target path of the website)? Are you installing any web.config files to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyNewWebsite in your project? Also, what version of Windows does this error occur on (Vista, 2008, etc.)?
0 Kudos
HBindu
Level 3

Josh:

I am getting the same error (IISRT: -2147024891) while installing new website on Windows 7. Yes, my install is installing web.config file. When I delete the file from my install, the installation was successful. But, we need to distribute web.config file. Is there is a solution for this issue. Thank you.
0 Kudos
HBindu
Level 3

Web.config file was readonly, fixed the file attributes and the install was successful.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our IS project is part of a visual studio solution that uses "Content" and "Primary output" for Web application projects, so there is no web.config file to set attributes for.

Anyone have ideas?
0 Kudos
bdaniels
Level 3

I have the exact same problem as stingyjack. My IS project is part of a visual studio solution that uses "Content" and "Primary output" for Web application projects, so there is no web.config file to set attributes for. I have verified that the web.config file installation is causing the error because it works if the web.config file is removed from the install. To add some more information, we have been using this same installer on Server 2008 with no issue and this only became a problem when installing on Server 2012. My temporary solution has been to remove the web.config file just to get the thing to install but obviously I need to get this resolved. What does Flexera Software recommend?
0 Kudos
bdaniels
Level 3

bdaniels wrote:
I have the exact same problem as stingyjack. My IS project is part of a visual studio solution that uses "Content" and "Primary output" for Web application projects, so there is no web.config file to set attributes for. I have verified that the web.config file installation is causing the error because it works if the web.config file is removed from the install. To add some more information, we have been using this same installer on Server 2008 with no issue and this only became a problem when installing on Server 2012. My temporary solution has been to remove the web.config file just to get the thing to install but obviously I need to get this resolved. What does Flexera Software recommend?

Follow up: I discovered the issue was that the web.config file was not checked out in Visual Source Safe/Team Foundation Server when creating the installer, which led to the resulting web.config file being in read-only mode. And we know from experience that having the web.config file in read-only mode causes this error. So my fix was as simple as making sure the file was checked out. Anyone else seeing this issue should be aware of this. I had never seen this issue when installing in a Server 2008 environment but it definitely happened in a Server 2012 environment.
0 Kudos