cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konradMD
Level 3

Error on TFS 2010

Hi,

I installed the StandAlone Version of IS 2012 on our TFS build machine. Then I created a simple IS-project and checked it in, created a build definition for the solution with the IS-project and start the build on the TFS build machine.

First error, I got, was that the InstallShield.targets file was not found in the folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011

This was curious, because I installed InstallShield 2012 and in the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2012

I found the targets-file. I copied it in the 2011-folder (not knowing, if this is the appropriated way to do).

But now, I get the error, that the "file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011\InstallShield.Tasks.dll" are not found or some dependencies are missing.
The dll itself is located in the path.

Thus, what is the right way to get an InstallShield-Project to be built on a TFS 2010 machine with StandAlone version of IS installed.

Did I something miss?

And: Is there a step by step tutorial for integration of IS in TFS? Or a book? Couldn't find anything helpful in the net, except this forum here.

Thanks
Konrad
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The problem is actually in the .isproj file and/or the template which is turned into each .isproj file you create. Look for this line:

Replace it with this one:

2\InstallShield.targets"/>

This line is present in any .isproj you have created, and is also in the template: \Support\0409\MSBuild.xml
0 Kudos
konradMD
Level 3

Thank you for your answer.

But now I've the problem: In the folder
MSBuild\InstallShield\2012
is only the targets-file and no InstallShield.Tasks.dll.

I installed ISStandAlone2012 on this machine. Why is the dll missing?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Sorry, I misremembered and thought we had issued a fix for that. What you say matches this post, and I'm sure it's just a matter of working out the paths to match what we laid down. Just be careful to ensure that you're using the right version of the InstallShield tasks.dll for the version of the InstallShield project you want to build.
0 Kudos
konradMD
Level 3

I copied the InstallShield.Tasks.dll in the correct version from the 2011 folder to the 2012 folder - but I still get the error, that the Assembly or a depending file could not be loaded.
I had a look with the DepencyWalker on the dll and it reported, that the MSVCR90.dll is missing.
0 Kudos
Brandon_Gruber
Level 2

I have this exact same problem. As far as I can tell this was not resolved. InstallShield 2012 Standalone Build installs InstallShield.Tasks.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011 and InstallShield.targets to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2012 whereas InstallShield 2012 just installs both to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011. This makes little sense. If I modify the .isproj file to point to the 2012 folder, won't I loose the ability to build on the machine with the full version of InstallShield 2012?
0 Kudos