cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stijnvdp
Level 3

Error in TSConfig

Hello all,

Today I moved our virtual build machines from Virtual Server 2005 to virtual machines in Windows 2008 Hyper-V. The virtual hard disk files (.vhd) were moved, the virtual machine definition (used to be .vmc) were re-created by Hyper-V. I've installed the very latest 'Hyper-V Integration Services' and the physical machine is up-to-date as well.

Both virtual machines are identical Windows Server 2003 with SP2.

The one containing InstallShield 11.5 informed me that the license was no longer valid and proposed to re-activate, which I did without problems.

The one running InstallShield 2008 informed me that the license became corrupted and offers to repair it. If I choose to do so, the program TSConfig.exe crashes

Any hints on how I can get this fixed (other than reinstalling InstallShield 2008)?

Thanks...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Johannes_John
Level 7

Hello stijnvdp,

I have the same problem!
After upcoming problems with my hardware, I had to change it.

IS12 could be reactivated without problems.
But IS2k8 does not let me activate the response code.
TSconfig.exe stops with an "unknown software exception" (0xc000000d) at 0x78138aa0.

The uninstallation of IS2k8, installation again and patching with update_licensing_hotfix.exe does not solve the problem.

Regards
Johannes
0 Kudos
larrydalooza
Level 3

I am currently going in circles with support. Anyone have any updated information on this issue?

We are virtualizing our development environment. I converted the InstallShield machine to virtual with P2V and now the license on the virtual is "corrupt" and I only get a TSConfig crash when IS2008 starts. I have tried all forms of uninstalling and reinstalling.

I just keep getting incremental requests from Macrovision for more information or logs. They must have some knowledge base for this problem. I imagine they are attempting to get me to become discouraged with 2008 and get me to buy 2010.

Lar.
0 Kudos
larrydalooza
Level 3

Almost identical situation here. Anyone know of the resolution?

Lar.
0 Kudos
Johannes_John
Level 7

Hello larrydalooza,

sorry, I only posted my solution at
www.installsite.org
and have look at
"TSConfig crashes at try of reactivation"

Regards
Johannes
0 Kudos