cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cascheman
Level 2

Error embedding manifest

I have an MSI Project with "Required Execution Level" = Administrator. I recevied the following error when building the release.

error -7141: An unexpected error occurred embedding file C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\Support\SetupExe.Admin.manifest into C:\DOCUME~1\xww49td\LOCALS~1\Temp\1B6F.tmp

Sometimes I can re-run the build and then the error doesn't occur and the manifest is successfully embedded in the setup.exe. This error is intermittent, but causes us problems as we are trying to automate the process to create the installation.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
tslavens
Level 2

I've encountered the same error under different circumstances - maybe this will help someone. The project is InstallScript, upgraded from IS12 (and most prior versions back to IS5.5). Here's an excerpt from the build log:

Calculating size of cabinet files...
Copying uncompressed setup files...
ISDEV : warning -7141: Error embedding file E:\TEMP\setup.exe into ?. File ? not found.
Preprocessing data for data1.hdr...

Somehow, the file "E:\TEMP\setup.exe" was marked read-only. Deleting it corrected the problem.

- T
0 Kudos
Alex_LucID
Level 3

HI guys,

we faced the same problem and doesn't matter what invocation level is set: administrator or invoker.

here is an error we're getting:

Resolving strings...
Language English (United States) built
Embedding manifest SetupExe.Invoker.manifest into setup.exe
ISDEV : warning -7141: Error embedding file C:\Temp\DBF2.tmp into ?. File ? not found.
error: Couldn't open C:\Temp\DBF2.tmp for writing (The handle is invalid.)

There is no such file in the TEMP directory and everything builds fine from IsCmdBld tool or IDE!

Please, someone help
0 Kudos
mferwana
Level 2

error -7141: An unexpected error occurred embedding file C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\Support\SetupExe.Invoker.manifest into c:\..\setup.exe

But the package is created and works fine. It is better if you find a solution for this error.

Regards
0 Kudos