cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermn
Level 2

Error Custom Action in Uninstalling

I have created a Custom Action named UninstallDokan,which Dokan is driver for my software.I encounter the errorwhen I uninstall my program: Error 1721: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action:UnistallDockan,location:,command:C:\program Files <86>\DoTask\Driver\DokanUninstall.exe The CA is configured as follows:

Created a CA based on "New EXE > Path referencing a directory".
Working Directory:
Filename & Command line: "[INSTALLDIR]\Driver\Uninstall.exe"
Return Processing: Synchronous (Check exit code)
In-Script Execution: Commit Execution in System Context
Install Exec Sequence: After RemoveFile
Install Exec Condition: Remove
everything else was left at the default

Do anyone have any ideas what to try next?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It looks like you're referencing a file that is installed and removed by your product, but scheduling this action to run after the file is removed. It is then unable to find the file that has already been deleted, so fails to launch this file. I would suggest either changing the scheduling of your action, or changing where it finds the exe file it launches (for example you could launch it from being stored in the Binary table).
0 Kudos
usermn
Level 2

Thanks for Replyed to my question.
I created CA based on "New EXE > Install With Product" that installed Dokan and it Created the subfolder in folder of my product.
I will uninstall Dokan with Uninstall file that itself created and need to Admin privilege.
I changed to "After IniValues" and I added Dokan folder to Directory table that changed "Working Directory" to Dokan.
but that any changed.
0 Kudos