cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plapic
Level 2

Error -7143 Component installs to a 64-bit folder but isnt marked as 64-bit component

I checked the Challenges of Supporting Both 32-Bit and 64-Bit Target Operating Systems help topic but it doesn't tell me how I mark components as 64-bit.
The Visual Studio 2013 Configuration Manager has all the projects in my solution set to x64 platform.
I cannot seem to find any 64-bit settings in InstallShield LE other than in Files page for ProgramsFiles64Folder which is where I have the project output destination folder set to.

Even though error -7143 is a warning when I attempt to install the output setup file on an x64 machine I get a 1001 error which suggests it is using the 32 bit InstallUtiLib.dll instead of 64 bit http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/INFO/Q112469
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

You can include 64-bit components in your ISLE setup project and build a 32-bit installer.

If your machine is 64 bit, it will only make the 64 bit .msi file when you build "Any CPU". You may want to use a 32 bit platform or make two separate projects and have two different installers. If you want to have both 32 bit and 64 bit .msi files in a single setup project you have to get the Professional version.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos