cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobdukes
Level 2

Error -5008

Hi - I'm running visual studio 2012 with Installshield 2012 spring express integrated. I've have a solution with two installation projects that I imported from windows install projects. One installation project targets 32-bit machine and contains a third party merge module which targets 32 bit machines. This project builds without errors and the resultant .msi file installs and executes with no problems. The other installation project targets 64-bit machines and contains a merge module built by the same third party which targets 64 bit machines. That project produces error -5008 Intel64 must be specified in the template of the summary stream. Is there a way short of updating to the professional version of Installshield to correct this? If not, please let me know what an upgrade would cost. I had no problems with this solution producing 32-bit and 64 bit .msi files using Visual Studio 2010 with windows install projects and I find it hard to believe Microsoft dumped their install projects and gave no way to generate x64 .msi files without requiring an additional purchase on the developer's part. Thanks - Bob
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
bobdukes
Level 2

The edition I have integrated into Visual Studio 2012 is the Limited Edition free to Visual Studio licensee's. My understanding now is that this edition doesn't support targeting x64 OS's and it would be necessary for me to buy the Express edition to use the third party x64 merge module. Please let me know if this is not correct. Thanks, Bob
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield include support for 64-bit installation development, but the Express and Express Limited editions do not. Please refer to the following link for the features of each edition:

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/produ...d/features.htm
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition now has support for creating 64-bit packages that can target 64-bit systems and install to 64-bit locations. For information on how to obtain this new version, see the following thread:
NEW VERSION: InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2013/2012/2010
0 Kudos