cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkumar37
Level 3

Error 2803 while installing in UI mode

Hi team,
On few system during installing the installshield application we are getting 2803 error. But same build runs on different machine . Can I get possible solution for this. When I installed the exe in silent mode it got installed. After that when I ran same exe it's working with UI as well. But we have around 50 different application. So we can not to for each file manually in silent mode. 

Please help anybody has faced this issue.
Thanks ,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

According to MSDN, the error 2803 means Dialog View did not find a record for the dialog [2]. If you have modified any dialog or  added specific action to dialog in latest release, please revert those changes and try again, 

If you haven't changed or modified any dialog settings, then it might be machine environment issue since its not happening on all machines, then it's nothing to do with your installer,

You can verify by installing your installer in a clean machine and make sure it works without any error.

Pleas refer below third party links, which discuss about similar issue

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/windows-installer-error-messages?redirectedfrom=MSDN

https://www.codeproject.com/Questions/64036/The-installer-has-encountered-an-unexpected-error

0 Kudos

Thank you for reply. We haven't modified installer same installer works for other systems. So I am not having any clue why its happening. I have tried installing vc++ new version but didn't seems to working.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Since you havent changed anything with respect to dialogs, and you are facing this issue in some machine,

then it  means that there was a malfunction in your system operation. "Error code error 2803" is one of the issues that users get as a result of the incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your system elements.

Please try to remove the old version if installed in the machine manually and then try.

0 Kudos