cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidGurrWKL
Level 3

Error 2753 - new fnc61.msm required?

Following an e-mail from Macrovision on 15/2 re a vunerability in Flex Net Connect 6.1 I downloaded and installed a patch for Flex Net Connect.

Now when I try and install projects created in ISE 2008, that include distributing Flex Net Connect for automatic updates of my software, I am getting an error 2753. A post on the main Install Shield forum suggests this is because the update has created a newer version of a file that is part of the project I am trying to install.

Does anyone know if there is a revised version of fnc61.msm that I need to incorporate into my project and if so where/ how I download it?
The version I have of fnc61.msm is dated 7/07.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RichAquino
Level 3

Hi,

If you are using FLEXnet Connect with your installer, then I'm assuming that you're able to login to the FLEXnet Connect publisher website (services.installshield.com). After you log in, there's a link on the start page for the latest SDK. After installing that you will see the merge module, usually in a folder like this: C:\Program Files\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\Redistributables.

Just copy that merge module over the one in your express folder, and rebuild your installation.

Rich
0 Kudos
DavidGurrWKL
Level 3

Thank you Rich. That's resolved the problem.

Regards
David
0 Kudos