cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Junaid
Level 2

Error 2753. The File 'agent.exe.' is not marked for installation.

I am getting this "Error 2753. The File 'agent.exe.4747EFCD_A8CE_4016_80F6_BCAD9FE72' is not marked for installation." while upgrading the earlier version of the product.

The setup run fine when the old version is removed from the system.
If there is any tutorial to prepare the Optimized Installer then plz share it and give me a chance of thanks.
Waiting for earliest response. Thanks.

Junaid
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The download in the following KB article may resolve the issue:
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q207355
0 Kudos
dkaatz
Level 3

DebbieL wrote:
The download in the following KB article may resolve the issue:
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q207355

But most likely it won't. This download tool seem to do nothing to resolve issues I am having regarding installing an older agent.exe where a newer one is already present.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

dkaatz wrote:
But most likely it won't. This download tool seem to do nothing to resolve issues I am having regarding installing an older agent.exe where a newer one is already present.

What issues are you having with regard to this? If you can, setting the MSI logging key through registry then launching the tool should produce a standard MSI log file. If you provide that log, I can probably identify whether everything was working correctly.

We definitely tested more than a couple scenarios, so this should work - especially for InstallShield 2009, but if you're seeing issues I'm interested in seeing if we can identify and resolve them!
0 Kudos
flexsys
Level 2

Hello,
Same install error while installing Crystal Report 2008 SP3 on Windows 7 64 bits.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio Professional 2012 are installed.

I tried this : 1530061 - Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Installation Error 2753
and
Q207355: INFO: FLEXnet Connect Installer Transform Utility
But not better.
About this, it seems to be an error in this command : setup.exe" /v"TRANSFORMS=\"c:\transform\public_fnc.mst\""
The " are not at the good locations ?
And no file is modified by the command ! Does one be modified ?

Anyway, on my Crystal Reports product media, the setup.ini is :
[Bootstrap]
Msi=package\CrystalReports.msi
Transform=package\
ProductName=Crystal Reports 2008 SP3
MsiMajorVersion=3
MsiMinorVersion=0
MsiBuildNumber=2600
TempFilePrefix=CRInstall_
RunVCRedist=package\redist\vcredist\vcredist_x86.exe

Then, the .MSI seemed to be "transformed" ? No ?

Hope any help,
Thanks
0 Kudos
DNSUser
Level 2

dkaatz wrote:

I concur.

- I had installed Dragon Naturally Speaking V13;
- After the install when I started DNS it checked for updates
- FlexNet Connect Software Manager popped up and a message showed up advising me there is an update as of 2017
- But Flexera Software Manager was unhealthy
1) the logon for the software was not showing
2) I could not click on "Upgrade Now" - the link did not respond
3) though there is a notification message about an available update which I could click on, the "Install" or "Download button" were greyed out
So:
>> either Nuance DNS software developers do not manage Flexera IUSM code properly -- I am not surprised at all --- DNS is a buggy software; I found 3 official bugs in 1.5 months
or
>> Software Manager got corrupted in DNS V13 install

Trying to go to the easier of the 2 options, I decided to fix FlexNet Software Manager instead of dealing with Nuance Technical Support relative knowledge.

- I downloaded both the "most recent" Software Manager (setup.exe) and the FlexNet SoftwareManagerUnInstall.exe from this site [thinking I could maybe fix the ISUM on my laptop with the "most recent" version]
- I tried to install this "most recent" FlexNet...
- Got "Error 2753. The File 'agent.exe.' is not marked for installation"
- I tried to use the Uninstaller to remove ISUM altogether.. It seemed to work; got a message FlexNet Software Manager was de-installed
- Tried installing again the "latest" version Software Manager setup.exe downloaded from this website
- Got "Error 2753. The File 'agent.exe.' is not marked for installation"
- In the Error Message log I found the install failed complaining there was a more recent version of agent.exe already on the machine. How come? Didn't the uninstaller do it's job and removed all? :confused:
- The FlexNet Installer log showed it was attempting to install Version 6 under a directory c:\program data\Macrovision\Flexnet Connect\
- I checked and... there was 2 directories: \6 and \11
- Then I found another directory c:\programdata\FlexNet with the same issue of 2 directories \6 and \11

Conclusions:
the FlexNet Software Manager downloaded from this website is NOT the most recent version: it is version 6 and other paying companies such as Nuance might have other more up-to-date higher versions :mad:
Nuance DNS V13 installs FlexNet SM version 11
The FlexNet Uninstaller provided on this site does NOT clean all of ISUM when uninstalling, so it will prevent a good installation and will not remove properly a corrupted Software Manager
Attempting to install an lower release such as version ISUM 6 obtained from this site, on a computer with a higher version (like ISUM 11 delivered with DNS V13) will fail with error 2753

Solution:
- Go to DNS V13 Administrative Settings and uncheck the Automatic Update so it will never call upon FlexNet Software Manager ever again
- Use the FlexNet Uninstaller to remove whatever it can of FlexNet Software Manager from the computer (though you know there are leftovers)
- Buy Revo Uninstaller Pro and use the "Forced Uninstall" on these 2 directories
c:\program data\macrovision
c:\program data\FlexNet
Use the "Advanced Scan" to remove all leftover entries from the registries and all directories and files from the computer

And live happily ever after without FlexNet Software Manager! :cool:
And never re-check the checkbox for DNS to enable automatic updates because the next time you start DNS it will take forever as it work to re-install this FlexNet software
In any case you don't need FlexNet Software Manager because you can use DNS Help menu to "Check for Updates" manually, and that will work without FlexNet.
0 Kudos