cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANewton
Level 2

Error 27519. Error updating XML file ...\web.config -2147024891

We've recently started to see an error in a previously* fine IS2008 built installer similar to the following:

Error 27519. Error updating XML file ...\web.config -2147024891

The XML step is writing a database string to the web.config file, and as I say, it's been fine. It's an installscript project, and the sources are definitely read/write (ie. read only is not checked). If built without compression, the sources in the installer disk are the same - read/write. However once the installer is run, they're written to the local website with the read only flag checked.

I've tried running this as a compiled installer as somebody suggested but it exhibits the same behaviour. I've also added the "SetAttributesNormal" function, which is called in OnInstallFilesActionBefore() to set the directory (and content) properties to normal. No luck. Have I got the right place in the sequence? And where is the read only flag coming from?

*The last time we ran this in anger will have been at least 12 months ago.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Are you installing on Vista by chance?

If so, checkout:

http://blog.deploymentengineering.com/2010/09/troubleshooting-iis-problems-on-vista.html

Also googling "iis 0x80070005" will probably be helpful. ( That's your negative error code in hexadecimal. )

PS- Check that your web.config isn't marked read only. If it's being installed this way, make sure that it's not marked read only in your build environment.
0 Kudos
ANewton
Level 2

Sadly not - XP SP3.

The Web.config, as stated, is not read only in the sources - and also if I build an uncompressed installer, you can see it isn't read only in there too. It's only when it passes through the copy process that a read-only flag is set.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Open up InstallShield and go to the component that has the web.config. Do a right properties on the file. Does it show marked as read only there?

If so, this makes it into the File table and will cause the file to be read only when deployed.
0 Kudos