cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicka
Level 2

Error 27505. Could not open SQL script file

I keep getting this error when I try to run a script that was created using the Database Import Wizard.

I found references to this error in older forums and posts dating back a few years, and it looks like it was solved with a hotfix.

I have installed HotFix A and have this issue, so I believe I am up-to-date with my 2011 version.

Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(17) Replies
jpelot
Level 3

I'm seeing this as well in IS 2011. I'm doing an install on a German OS and I'm seeing it. Seems to work on a US install, however.

Still digging into it...
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Level 3

I'm encountering the same problem right now. I'm trying to build a basic MSI setup with IS 2011 (with German localization). Doing quite the same with a InstallScript setup it works well.

Currently I'm using a IS 2011 Professional edition in evaluation mode with hotfix Q210896 installed.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I am not able to reproduce the error. Would it be possible for you to post a sample project and SQL script that replicate the behavior so that I can look into the issue?
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Level 3

I've attached a simple project which demonstrates the problem.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Thank you for the sample project. Unfortunately, it is still not reproducible. I build your setup.ism on an English Windows XP image and run it on a German Windows XP image. The DBVersionSet table was created on the SQLTest database. There are multiple DBSchema.sql files in your zip and I use the one under the SetupSQLTest\SetupSQLTest folder. Is there anything I am missing?
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Level 3

Well, I don't know what did the trick but now everything works fine regarding SQL scripts. Even the example I've had uploaded works now - untouched. It definitely didn't work yesterday. Something has changed, I don't know, what...

Anyway, I'm happy so far. Thanks for your support.
0 Kudos
Shelfrog
Level 2

Hi,
I just experienced a similar issue, I found it to be due to UAC settings on the target machine. My install was getting change prompts on a Win 7 machine, and generated the same error you were getting when it attempted to access it's first SQL script. I turned off UAC and the issue resolved.
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Level 3

I can give some updated information about this issue. On my machine the setup runs without any problems. I tried to install it on some different systems with Windows 7 (64bit, German and English). There I got the SQL script file error again.

I tried to install with UAC turned off and it succeeded.

I tried to install the setup in Windows XP compatibility mode and it succeeded.

It looks like a problem with rights. This is strange.
0 Kudos
SteveLovell
Level 5

I also get this issue with Installshield 2011, Hotfix A.
Has anyone managed to get this to work with UAC turned on? I do not want to have to tell people to turn UAC off during installation.
0 Kudos
justjustincase
Level 2

Hi,
I just experienced a similar issue, I found it to be due to UAC settings on the target machine. My install was getting change prompts on a Win 7 machine, and generated the same error you were getting when it attempted to access it's first SQL script. I turned off UAC and the issue resolved.
0 Kudos
SteveLovell
Level 5

The problem I have is that the installations often need to be run on servers, and in my experience turning off UAC requires a reboot. As you can expect this would have a big implication. I also want to keep my installation as an MSI file without a setup.exe.

EDIT: also if they decide that they want to remain with UAC on, then they will require a further reboot.
0 Kudos
sjimmerson
Level 3

We just ran into this issue as well after upgrading to InstallShield 2011. Asking end users to turn off UAC is not a viable option. Are there any other workarounds or changes that can be made. We did not have this issue before upgrading to InstallShield 2011 (we were previously using InstallShield 12).

I didn't see anyone from InstallShield reply to this thread after it was revealed this appears to be an issue related to UAC. I would be nice to get some response from InstallShield on this issue.

Thanks,
Shane
0 Kudos
DandamanAUS
Level 6

Was there a solution to this issue? What is the main cause. I have just created a project which only installs MSSQL Express 2008 R2 and when it tries to deploy the database I get the same error message. I used the Database Import wizard to create the SQL script in the InstallShield project.
0 Kudos
DandamanAUS
Level 6

Ah yes it is related to UAC. I turned it off in a windows 7 virtual machine and viola the databases would deploy on the server.
0 Kudos
DandamanAUS
Level 6

Confirming that Turning on Compatibility mode for the setup with Run this program as Administrator did allow the scripts to work fine. What is the work around because I don't want thousands of calls from clients when it throws up the error message about the scripts not working.
0 Kudos
DandamanAUS
Level 6

It only took all day but I found the solution.

For the Release in the Setup.exe tab I made the "Required Execution level" Highest available instead of Invoker and the script finally worked. Perhaps Admin would work as well. But it working now so i'm keeping it 😃

Hope this helps you all.
0 Kudos
technomun
Level 2

Below is the Installshield Hotfix for the issue related to the issue. After building the msi using Installshield 2011 using the fix, you will be able to run the msi on Windows 7 or Vista with UAC enabled without issue.
The hot fix for the SQL problem is documented in Knowledge Base article, Q211641, and can be found at: http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q211641
0 Kudos