cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akweston
Level 2

Error 27502 on SQL Table Create

I have a Basic MSI package in which all I am trying to do is connect to my SQL server, I allow the project to prompt and ask for the server information - ie name and login information and then it should run a script that creates a new table. That is all it is doing - no code installation or anything else yet.

I get the error "Error 27502.Could not connect to Microsoft SQL Server ". Invalid authorization specification (0)" with OK button and of course doesn't do anything.

If you launch Management Studio Express, I can connect to the server and paste the SQL script in a window execute it and it works fine.

I can create an odbc data connection using the name server name and userid and pswd and it connects just fine. Any ideas??

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Plus, I was looking for the Merge Module for SQL Server Express SP2 and cant' seem to find - can only find SP1 - I am running InstallShield 2008 Professional Version !
Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

What if you create a new Basic MSI project with only adding a connection to the SQL Script view, and then build & run the setup? Do you receive the same error when you click the Next button on the SQLLogin dialog with providing a valid login credential?
0 Kudos
akweston
Level 2

Silly mistake on my part - thanks for your post - it helped me focus on what was wrong.
0 Kudos
IS_NewUser
Level 2

Hi akweston,
Would you please explain it clearly? I do not understand why.
I have the same case, but my project is InstallScript MSI project. And beside connection is added in SQL Script View, I also added more 3 Scripts to create database, create datatable and insert default data.
Thank you so much.
0 Kudos