cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IS2010
Level 3

Error 2318: File does not exist: C:\hiberfil.sys

I am trying to run an installation to the C:\ drive and i am seeing the above indicated error.

I have no idea why this is happening and how i can overcome this.

Help me :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
IS2010
Level 3

I had a the same error on a different machine but it was pointing to the pagefil.sys
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Does the log file mention what action causes this error? Searching these forums and the KB for "2318" gives some explanations. (For example, do you have a RemoveFiles record trying to delete *.sys from the C: drive or anything?)
0 Kudos
IS2010
Level 3

Robert,

After I get to the DestinationFolder Dialog, I click on the Change button to change the installation directory. If i change the installation directory to any other folder other than C:\ it works fine. The problem only happens when i try to install it in the root directory of the OS.

The log indicates the following.

Action 10:18:22: DestinationFolder. Dialog created
MSI (c) (90:E0) [10:18:22:962]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding _BrowseProperty property. Its value is 'INSTALLDIR'.
Info 2898.For MSSansBold8 textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 0 character set.
Action 10:18:22: InstallChangeFolder. Dialog created
MSI (c) (90:E0) [10:18:25:212]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying INSTALLDIR property. Its current value is 'C:\Program Files\Company Name\Product Name\'. Its new value: 'C:\'.
MSI (c) (90:E0) [10:18:25:259]: Note: 1: 2318 2: C:\pagefile.sys
Info 2835.The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog SetupError.
Error 2318.File does not exist: C:\pagefile.sys.
MSI (c) (90:E0) [10:18:27:244]: Product: Product Name -- Error 2318.File does not exist: C:\pagefile.sys.

I hope this this information helps.
0 Kudos
IS2010
Level 3

Also in the RemoveFile table i see a couple of entries as follows

FileKey Component FileName DirProperty InstallMode

Filekey1 CompName1 *.* INSTALLDIR 2
Filekey2 CompName1 INSTALLDIR 2
Filekey3 CompName2 *.* Propertyname 2
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Did you add those RemoveFile records? Is it an option to fine-tune the wildcards to, say, *.log or *.tmp?
0 Kudos
IS2010
Level 3

Robert,

I removed the *.* entries from the FileName fields and everything is now back to normal.

Can you please throw some light on the above situation?

Regards
0 Kudos